Warning: Curtis Coats, aka Christian Pauline, a serial con artist

*Since my original posting, the direct financial loss he has caused since May 2019 totals $33,986. And that DOES NOT include any family members or romantic interests he has cheated. Most recent fake name used is "Christian Pauline".

WARNING! It is with regret, but purpose, that I am posting this blog today.  A man named Curtis Coats III (or Nigel Saint Claire), from "CA & Associates" and "Nigel at Night" contacted my shop during a busy Mother's Day season.  Unfortunately, I was distracted enough to not catch on to his huge scam, until three weeks later.  We had a court date and he did not show up.  I have a Judgement against him for $2963.17, but doubt I will ever see any money.  But the money does not mean as much to me as the long and vast path of Fraud, in Georgia and in Texas, that I have uncovered during my investigation.  This blog will act as a central point for anyone looking in to this man.  DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS MAN.

Picture

An email curtis.coats.fraud@gmail.com has been created for anyone wanting to report your fraudulent experience with Curtis Coats, or his whereabouts. Your contributions could help authorities with a larger investigation.


Current known alias used so far in 2019: Curtis Coats, Curtis Coats III, Nigel Coats, Nigel St. Clair, Nigel Saint Claire, Noah Drake, Justin Case, Christian Pauline.

**THIS BLOG WAS ORIGINALLY POSTED ON 9/3/19, BUT HAD SO MUCH RESPONSE, IT HAS BEEN MOVED TO THIS ADDRESS.  IT HAS BEEN UPDATED MANY TIMES, PLEASE SEE BELOW.

"Nigel at Night"  He is using this file https://drive.google.com/file/d/12JfvJn_jwdQky5naBhDgXo116TjhwQnL/view  to say he is starting a radio show called "Nigel at Night".  In May he told me it was launching in July.  It is now September, and let me assure you, there is no "Nigel at Night" show.  Also, I've been in contact with the person who created his logo in May, and she too has not been paid, even though her bill is only $250.  He claimed a high-profile television figure was behind him and supported his show, and an integral part of him launching the show.  Well, months later I reached out to this local celebrity who was generous enough to share emails with me, and confirmed she does not know him, and had just days before met him for the first time, as "Nigel St Clair".  I believe she has blocked him from her social media, and she had offered to help in any criminal investigation.

Curtis Coats presents himself as a successful businessman, with a large staff, working in a company called "CA & Associates."  Here is the only online presence he has for his "business." https://curtiscoatsiii.weebly.com/    Also, his "staff" is fake.  He has used the following emails. The ones that appear to be staff, are actually him.  He got sloppy in his communications, and I have proof.

Emails used:
curtis.coats1012@gmail.com
nigel.coats1010@gmail.com
nigel.stclaire@gmail.com
nigel.saintclaire@gmail.com
kward.caandassociates@gmail.com
christopher.young0909@gmail.com
ndrake.jacksoncreative@gmail.com
noah.drake101010@gmail.com
jthomas.jacksoncreative@gmail.com

Please email curtis.coats.fraud@gmail.com if you have any information to contribute.  Your information may help authorities with a larger investigation in to this man.

Curtis Coats III was in his first month at a shared office space (common in Atlanta) when  he opened an account with me.  Once I caught on, I called this office and suggested they look in to him.  The next week, when I sent a driver to deliver hard copies of his invoices, he was no longer located there.  That says eviction to me.  And he has a very long history of that as well.

Curtis Coats uses his young 8 year old son, as manipulation and to cause empathy.  He will claim his ex-wife is in a nasty custody battle with him, or that she is somehow the reason he can't pay bills- i.e. she froze my account, etc.  Well, I spoke to her, and she has FULL custody and he owes her thousands of dollars in child support....and counting.  Please DO NOT reach out to her.  She is not hard to find.  But, when I reached out to her she said she lost count on how many people have contacted her about Curtis Coats.  Let's relieve her of having to answer for this pathetic sociopath, and the negative energy he continues to bring upon her.  There has been an email established for those who want to reach out and that is curtis.coats.fraud@gmail.com

Curtis Coats' main M.O. are the following:
Lies about professional staff and business situations
Provides fake documents for office and home rentals, employment, etc.
Lures vulnerable women into romantic involvement, and then rips them off
Uses references to his young son, to manipulate empathy
Plays whack-a-mole with eviction notices
Plays whack-a-mole with bankruptcies
Threatens those who confront him with fake legal documents and resources
Failures to appear in Court


Additional links for more information:

Scamguard long message board with numerous posters
https://www.scamguard.com/curtis-coats-iii/


Scribd.com is a great resource for court documents- here are just a FEW links to Curtis Coats
https://www.scribd.com/document/353925404/Eviction-notice-filed-against-Curtis-Coats-in-Gwinnett-County-Ga-June-2017

https://www.scribd.com/document/353925402/Eviction-notice-filed-against-Curtis-Coats-in-Gwinnett-County-Ga-May-2017

https://www.scribd.com/document/353925395/Curtis-Coats-bankruptcy-filing-Nov-2016

https://www.scribd.com/document/353925405/Eviction-notice-filed-against-Curtis-Coats-in-Gwinnett-County-Ga-Oct-2016

https://www.scribd.com/document/353925400/Lawsuit-filed-against-Curtis-Coats-Aug-2016

https://www.scribd.com/document/353925403/Court-filing-against-Curtis-Coats-in-Gwinnett-County-Ga-Aug-2013

https://www.scribd.com/document/353925387/Theft-affidavit-for-Curtis-Coats-April-2013


And last but not least, if you are a woman considering a relationship with this man, I am doing this for you.  I had a business relationship only with this man, though he did try the romantic route as well and was immediately shut down.  Several of the women who got caught in his web, are so distraught about getting nowhere in restitution, that they just want to put it behind them.  It seems like his romantic targets are the most vulnerable, as they are not signing business contracts and/or receiving fraudulent payments.  It's not like you can call the cops and say "my boyfriend ripped me off."  Curtis has a very nice voice, and he is well spoken. DO NOT LET THIS FOOL YOU!!!!!  If this man has contacted you, please report him via email at curtis.coats.fraud@gmail.com. Click here to see a video an Austin news station did about Curtis Coats online dating scams.

Thank you, and God Bless.

#curtiscoats #curtiscoatsiii #nigelatnight  #nigelstclair #nigelcoats #ca&associates

UPDATED Below- 9/16/19 *********************************************************************************

I appreciate the responses and reports so far, and have listed new information below.

Defrauding His Family- a direct member of his family reached out to me last week, and attached the court document, dated November 2018, stating Curtis Coats guilty of Identity Fraud, and Theft by Deception- against his own oldest son! After over a year of giving his son the runaround, he somehow walked away with 5 years probation.  I will not post the court document, to protect his son's identity, though it is public information and he is aware that I am including him in my update, and he has given me permission to do so.  I was also told that Curtis is well known for using a story about the next big entertainment deal ----"fill in the blank"---- that was just around the corner, but never materializes.

Current Bankruptcy filing-  One week ago, Mr. Coats filed for bankruptcy, AGAIN.  His hearing is September 24th, and the Chapter 13 Trustee noted his five (5) previous bankruptcy filings since 2013 on the court document.  The Trustee recommended dismissal "with prejudice", which is supposed to be pretty rare, so that is progress.  I also believe it means from reading the paperwork, that he won't be able to file bankruptcy for another 6 months.

Match.com Prowling-  Posing as Nigel St Clair, Curtis is at it again.  I had a very interesting conversation with a woman, who was in contact with "Nigel St Clair" (Curtis) through Match.com. Luckily she was sensing something was up. She started searching his name and "Nigel at Night", and found this blog. She cut off all communication before their first date that was to be scheduled last week.  I'm telling you, these stories are unbelievable. Curtis takes the fast track to his online dating approach, so be aware.  Click here to see a video KTVU in Austin did about Curtis Coats scamming women via online dating (july 2017).

UPDATED Below- 9/24/19 *********************************************************************************

Yesterday a Sergeant from Atlanta PD came to my shop to investigate a police report that Curtis Coats filed against me, for "harassing communication." After I laughed out loud, I felt shock, but then in an instant not shocked at all.  I was shocked that he would go down to a police precinct and file, but nope, he filed online.  I was also very pleased to tell this Sergeant all of the stories I've heard from people responding to my blog, along with my own personal experiences with Curtis.

Although my blog is not intended to "harass" Curtis Coats, it is to warn others- I looked up the definition and here is what I found.  https://codes.findlaw.com/ga/title-16-crimes-and-offenses/ga-code-sect-16-11-39-1.html

As far as I am concerned, and intend- I am only posting information that 1) I experienced myself, 2) others have directly reported to me, or 3) are reported in court records, or other online outlets.

Again, I am shocked by some of the responses I have received, and grateful.  Please keep in mind the definition of "harassment" above when making your comments.  But I believe a good rule of thumb is- if it's true, and especially if you have documented proof, it is not harassment to share your communication.

UPDATED Below- 10/1/19 *********************************************************************************

Regarding the police report Curtis Coats filed against me.  He did not show up to his scheduled face to face meeting with the investigator he sent to my shop.  No surprise at all.  To me this says he never meant to follow through. So not only does Mr. Coats waste the Courts' time with his frivolous bankruptcy filings, but he also abuses Law Enforcement's time with frivolous police reports.

Mr. Coats did not show up to his latest bankruptcy hearing on September 24th. Ridiculous.

I have also received ANOTHER phone call from one of his recent victims, where he monetarily scammed someone again. More information is coming for this, so I will not share quite yet.

UPDATED Below- 11/2/19 *********************************************************************************

As of this update, this blog is only two months old.  Luckily I've been so busy doing positive things, that Mr. Coats hardly crosses my mind, until the phone rings again.  I feel it is my responsibility to update the latest reports from victims, and recap more fraud that has occurred in just the short time this blog has been live. Curtis has just been removed from his third residential property, since August.

He is also using alias' "Noah Drake" and "Justin Case" and claiming to work for a company called "Jackson Creative LLC". So, on goes the cycle, with new names and emails.

August Landlord:
Just days before I posted this blog (Sept 3), Curtis finally left a property that the landlord had tried to remove him from, for two months.  He tried to pass off a completely fake check.  He claimed he accidentally transferred an extra $40k (I believe that what was reported) into the landlords account, and could they please send him back his money.  I'm not sure what online system he uses, but he will transfer money, and then it is suddenly missing from the landlord's bank account days later.

He used many fake emails and personalities during his runaround, including posing as his mover.  He claimed he had very expensive art, and a large dining set, that required special moving equipment to continue his delay.  The day he finally moved out, the brand new washer/dryer and another kitchen appliance were mysteriously missing.  I will use the word "allegedly", but we all believe he sold the stolen appliance, as his next two property scams where fully furnished.

September Landlord:
Curtis then moved to a fully furnished property in the Atlanta midtown area, as Nigel St. Clair.  Again with the runarounds and fake emails and fake personalities, and fake bank transfers, etc.  This time, the landlord found my blog much sooner.  She consulted her lawyer, who drafted his release from the property, gave him $500 to sign and immediately move his possessions out in trash bags. He took that deal.

October Landlord:
Days ago, I received a call from the latest landlord.  Curtis found this property through Corporate Housing By Owner website. He used the name "Noah Drake".  All the same stories and scenarios, with slightly different creative twists.  He also submitted two fraudulent checks with two fake account numbers.   He said he'd lost his wallet, so the bank froze his account and that's why the check was returned.  He was suppose to deposit a cashiers check into the landlords bank as soon as his account was unfrozen.  Of course, this took a long time.  He said that when he went to deposit the check, he had a stroke in the bank parking lot and was in the hospital.  The landlord was out of town, but cut her trip short to get the check and deposit it herself, but It wasn't even signed and was not a cashiers check, even though he claimed it was.  The landlord's bank was holding the check for 12 days, so Noah/Curtis told her that he would give her cash the next day, which never happened.  His excuses included the CEO had to sign off on his advance and then had an emergency which made him unavailable.  He even went so far as to send a bogus email from his "HR Director"  with another bogus work address. 

This landlord acted quickly after seeing my blog and immediately locked him out of the property. He was seen trying to get in twice, pulling up in a white Jeep with Virginia plates, but then quickly leaving in under one minute.  The police told the landlord they could just throw his stuff out on the curb.

Since my initial blog posting, I have been made aware of four separate police reports filed again Curtis Coats, three different detectives are looking in to him, he's filed for bankruptcy again and has been blocked from filing again for six months.  Also, this blog has been viewed over 2,600 times in two months.  Please feel free to share on nextdoor.com for your specific neighborhood.  One person did and we got 1,000 views in three days.

It's a sad shame the effort and skill this man puts towards scamming other people. Fortunately, the walls ARE closing in on him.

UPDATED Below- 11/19/19 *********************************************************************************

I have a few more updates, and then I will be taking a break from updating this blog.  Collectively, we have provided enough recent evidence and reports to have sufficiently warned people about Curtis Coats, aka Nigel St Clair, or Nigel Saint Claire....and I'm sure there will be others.

Nigel Saint Claire, III  employment scam:
Curtis was hired part time by a PR company.  The manager did see my blog eventually but decided to give him a chance, after he professed all the information wan't true, and probably that I was just a bitter ex (which I am not!). Even after giving him a chance, he still lied to her, made up fake connections, sponsorships, etc and took her payroll payments in exchange for deceitful results. That is theft by deception.

I found a copy of his resume- which was truly unbelievable.  He stated he worked for companies and individuals such as: Sprint, American Airlines, Microsoft, Sony, Blue Cross, Wells Fargo, as well as communications strategies for Presidents Clinton and Obama.  With such a great resume, I wonder where he went wrong....


Removed Comments:

I have hidden the existing 47 comments made to this blog thus far.  The content got too emotionally charged, and upon a family member's request I put them in hidden mode.  I have them preserved, however, for any authorities, lawyers or victims- upon request.   Please continue to send your information to the curtis.coats.fraud@gmail.com.  I truly had no idea how much feedback we would get, and this blog has been quite time consuming, but productive enough to stop him in his tracks, multiple times already.  With that, I won't be posting public updates for a while, unless it's a completely new scam tactic we haven't heard before, or to report that he is in jail, or has become violent.  I need a break from this sociopath's energy.


Again, if you have anything to report, please send your info to curtis.coats.fraud@gmail.com.  Thank you.

UPDATED Below- 12/8/19 *********************************************************************************

CURTIS COATS ARRESTED:

I received notification that Curtis was arrested last night, and have now confirmed that he is currently in Fulton County jail on two counts for forgery in the third degree.  I'm not sure exactly what happened, or how long he will be there, but he is in jail.

Request from Reporter:

A reporter for WSB-TV contacted me two weeks ago, asking to do a story on Curtis Coats.  The reporter was a neighbor of one of Curtis' victims, and told him about my blog.  Neither she, nor I wanted to be on camera for a 2 minute story.  I would reconsider for a longer more investigative story, but otherwise I don't want to attach my business name to this man any more than I already have with this blog.   It may be a mute point now if he is in jail long term, but for all I know he will get out on Monday. If you are comfortable being on camera and would like to tell your story, please email to the contact info mentioned in this blog, and I will give you the reporters info.

UPDATED Below- 12/10/19 

Curtis was released on pre-trial bond.  Be aware.

UPDATED Below- 1/1/20

While I took a break from posting about Curtis Coats over the holidays, the activity did not stop.  Here are a few of the updates over the last month.

Curtis arrested twice:

Curtis had several warrants issued for his arrest (which took a long time to get), and ironically got picked up on them, both only a day or two after the warrants were approved.

December 7, 2019
Curtis was arrested in Johns Creek, and transferred to Fulton County Jail
Charges: (2 counts of) Forgery In The Third Degree (Check $1500 or More), both dated in October
Bond: $4,000 per count, and someone bonded him out ($800 or so bond, I believe)
He was released on that Monday.  He has been indited on these charges.

December 13, 2019
Curtis was arrested in Roswell, and transferred to Fulton Count Jail
Charges: (1) Theft of Services, (2) Printing, Executing, Negotiating Checks, Drafts, Etc. Knowing Information is in Error or Ficticious, (3) Theft by taking- All dated in June.
I can't tell from the records if he's been indited on these charges as well, or if they just grouped them with the first arrest.
He was released that Monday with bail set at $5,000 per count ($1500 or so bond, I believe)

Curtis is on probation. I don't understand why he got out both times, but law enforcement said he was under supervision.  His "plea hearing" is later this month.

Another victim identified:

Curtis had a recent "girlfriend" who has been contacted.  I have not spoken to her directly, but he scammed her in several ways as well, including signing for a car lease and a new phone.  He told her his name was Nigel Saint Claire.  She is an intelligent, strong business woman, just like the rest of us, who somehow got caught up in his non-stop stream of lies.  There is quite more to this story, but for her privacy I don't need to go into the details.

Another Landlord contacted me:

Curtis is on the hunt for another furnished apartment.  On December 30th, he reached out to at least one landlord, using his real name this time.  She quickly found my blog and stopped contact.  It is her email to me that encouraged me to go ahead and update today.  This blog has helped a lot of women (ironically all women), and each has both called/emailed me in a panic, as well as later thank me for what I've done with posting this information. Here's what she wrote:


I can't thank you enough for your commitment to keeping others informed about Curtis Coats scams.  He contacted me today (Dec. 30) in an attempt to view my furnished rental home. The only information he has given me so far is that his name is Curtis Coats, that he relocated to Atlanta from Texas and that he supposedly works at 14th & Peachtree. Needless to say because of your blog and citizenship, I will NOT be renting to him. Happy New Year and again, thank you."

So, even though he is on probation, and awaiting a plea hearing, and recently arrested on five counts of fraud, he is still lying about relocating to Atlanta, and looking for his next rental victim.

Please continue to be aware.  We will see what happens later this month.

UPDATED Below- 1/2/20

And just a day later, I have another update. Curtis contacted another landlord yesterday, in AUSTIN, TX, and made an appointment to see the property for next week.  He found this listing under the Corporate Housing by Owner website, though she did mention that is not how he contacted her (through the site).  I believe he is banned from communicating through that website, but probably can still see listings.

He told this landlord that he was arriving in Austin on Monday.  His next court date is in Atlanta, January 13th, and I would think that since he's on probation he's not allowed to leave the state.

UPDATED Below- 1/24/20 *********************************************************************************

Where do I start. Well, I'll start with, Curtis was "sick in the hospital" to avoid his pre-trail conference that was scheduled for yesterday (1/23/20).  I have a copy of the signed court document requiring him to show up.  And, his actual trial was scheduled for 1/27, but is now on hold, for I don't know what or how long.

He has faked going to the hospital many times in the last few months, including "having a stroke in the bank parking lot before depositing a very past-due rent payment" and having a fake girlfriend "reply-all to his coworkers group email (on the job only a couple of weeks), to let them know he is in the hospital for exhaustion (and can't answer questions about his suspicious undeliverables to said employer),  Or the lady he just met on match.com but was already proposing to, and "was at Tifffany & Co shopping for rings, when he crashed his BMW and went to the hospital."

Unbelievable!  Right?   (email me your story at curtis.coats.fraud@gmail.com)

So this has gotten so ridiculous.  Curtis Coats knows all the loopholes.  I have heard from so many people, and have really held back on some of the more scandalous details and tried to only cover legal matters, and the tidbits that are relevant to the excuses he uses.  But we are done with this.  This man needs to be accountable for all the pain and suffering he has caused, let alone the monetary repercussions.

2019ve reopened the comment section of this posting.  I feel it gives more legitimacy to the reports of pain, suffering and monetary loss he has caused.  Also, to prove I am not just one jilted person obsessed with his life, as one of his fake email friends has recently suggested/threatened.

I also will include a few reports of crazy other goings on about Curtis:

- He apparently called his first wife (who lives in Texas) on New Year's Eve and asked to get back together with her.  She changed her phone number.  Good for her!  Since he has also reached out to property managers in the Austin area, we believe he may be trying to relocate there.....even though he has at least two warrants out for his arrest in TX

- He has received over 10 pieces of mail in the last couple of weeks, to the property he rented in October- and was quickly found out, and kicked out. All pieces of mail appear to be auto loan rejection letters.  Why now? He hasn't lived there since October.  Is he just randomly applying for credit and thinks the address of this expensive home will do the trick?

- If Curtis uses his "Nigel at Night" radio show hoax, and sends you the audio link, you should know that's his sister he's interviewing.  That would have been a red flag to me when I was dealing with him.

- And the biggest lesson we are learning is the state court system for crimes like his, are broken and he knows all the ways to play everyone involved.

- More soon.

Comments

  1. OMG, I just happened to look Curtis up online to see if I could track him down on Facebook and found this blog. He worked at the Cuyamaca Club in San Diego in the 80s and that’s where I met him. He called I don’t know how many years ago asking if I could send money to bail him out of jail, but I told him I couldn’t. He gave no details about why he had been arrested. I will say this is not the Curtis I knew back in the 80s and 90s. I have to wonder what happened in his life to cause this behavior … and that it got so bad that he scammed his own son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that email still a good one to email to about him? We just got scammed by him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I walked away from the blog a while back, was just taking too much energy, but it looks like he is still at it. You can send your info to curtis.coats.fraud@gmail.com. thank you.

      Delete
  3. He is the worst scammer for sure. He’s a smooth criminal but I caught on to his lies early on and got away unscathed. But he did scam several people around me (which was not a good look for me) but it was very clear that I had no involvement in his scams. I feel for his kids and ex’s.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wanted Con man writes fictional "book based on a true story" confessional

SCAM ALERT: "Christian C. Pauline", Skyler Steele- More FRAUD activity to report- Curtis Coats III